The costs of repairing and replacing an appliance can be comparable. How to decide what to do?
Reasons to REPAIR:
- Repair cost covered by warranty.
- Current life expectancy of the appliance is six or more years.
- Estimated repair cost is less than 50 percent of replacement cost.
- Appliance has features not matched on newer models.
- Costly changes to surrounding counters or cabinets must be made to remove the old model and/or make a new model fit the same space.
Reasons to REPLACE:
- Replacement parts will be especially hard to find.
- Estimated repair cost is more than 50 percent of replacement cost.
- Newer model is more energy efficient.
- Newer model has desirable features.
Questions? Club staff is standing by with answers.